Get Ready for your Training Day
Thank you so much for making the sessions informative, lively, inspiring and practical....."
Whether you're a novice runner or a seasoned marathon veteran - training for a marathon is a challenge like no other.
Regardless of running experience, all runners have questions about the best way to train for a marathon - which is why your Charity have invited you to attend a GH Training Marathon Preparation Day.
Our preparation days give you the chance to not only learn how to prepare for your upcoming marathon, but they also give you the perfect opportunity to meet the events team and some of your fellow charity runners.
Fun, Informative and Inspirational
The day is packed with essential advice on training, nutrition and injury prevention to give you the confidence that you know how to train (and fundraise) for your upcoming 26.2 mile run.
So what can you expect?
- Training Run - We kick the day off with a very slow "social shuffle." It's a short, chatting pace, walk / jog to give everyone the chance to have a natter and exchange their experiences of training so far. At half way, we'll discuss stretching and show you a few brilliant pre-run stretches.
- Interactive Quiz - After the "social shuffle" and a quick coffee we'll have a short "Kahoot" quiz and give you chance to win a prize (don't raise your hopes of anything flash). The Kahoot (download for iOS or Android) is a great way to find out what you know - and what you think you know - about marathon training and have a good laugh in the process.
- Training Advice - After the Kahoot, we'll cover key information on the best training practices for the upcoming weeks / months of training. We'll cover pacing, distances, heart rate training and some do's and don'ts.
- Injury Prevention - Staying on the road and off the physio's couch is arguably one of the most important aspects of marathon training / conditioning. We'll teach you how to strengthen / release key muscles to help keep your body balanced and reduce your chances of picking up common injuries.
- Nutrition - Knowing what you should be eating - and when - is a vital aspect of long distance running. Learn which foods will help - and hinder - your training and how the right nutrition can make the difference between reaching the finishing line and hitting the dreaded wall.
- Q&A - Throughout the day and for at least 20 mins at the end, you'll have the chance to ask any questions you have about any aspect of your training. No question is a silly question.
What You Need to Bring
Not a huge amount really.
Most people attend the the day in running / sports kit (with a waterproof top if rain is forecast) and stay in their kit for the day. As the training "run" / social shuffle is so low intensity, there is no fear of getting excessively sweaty - but please feel free to bring a change of clothes if you wish.
Other than this, you could consider bringing:
- Pen and paper (if you like to make notes)
- Water bottle (although refreshments will be available)
- The Kahoot App downloaded onto your smartphone - iOS or Android
- Your sense of humour
Look Forward To Seeing You
I really look forward to seeing you at the Training Day and can't wait to help you get your training off to the perfect start.
If you have any questions or concerns ahead of the day, please contact the events team at your charity or email email@example.com